Thing 7 was actually one of the lessons that I felt a little more at ease with. I watch the video, looked at some other google docs and I thought, okay, I can do this. So I went to google doc, once, twice, three times and I could not find the document. I signed on, off, on, and finally, I had to call for HELP. It was not me, yahoo......the doc was not shared with me so I could not get on it, now it is and I am done.
I would use google doc to work on a project with other teachers, even family members if we are planning something. I think it is a great tool. Sometimes other people can say things in a different way and you go, that is what I wanted to say, just could not get the wording right.
I think that if students use it or when they use it, they will have to monitored, and that may be a little time consuming for the teachers, but if used correctly, I do think it would be good for them to share ideas.
So glad we got it working for you! I'm glad you found Docs easy to use; I like it because it's pretty similar to Microsoft Office, so it's not too difficult to figure out how to edit and create. (That's a feature that makes it great for students, as well!)
ReplyDeleteI love your point about being able to collaborate and share using Docs. You're absolutely right that sometimes someone else can put your ideas into words better than you can, and this is a great tool to facilitate that kind of cooperation!
Great job! Thing 7 complete!