Monday, July 5, 2010
Thing 5
What I enjoyed about wiki is that I am able to learn even more on the web. I am definitely going to come out of this course a winner. I had no idea what all was out there. The difference between the blog and wiki, blogging is you posting your thoughts and someone reading them, the wiki is you posting something and another person, or people can add to your post. Students would benefit from the wiki in numerous ways, they can do math problems, they could do planning with many other students, and include the teacher also. I do like the wiki, I think students will be more open to use them because it is the way of the future, and our kids are our future. The only thing I do worry about is, there are still families that do not have computers in the homes, that will make it almost impossible for them to participate when others can, unless we allow them to use our labs at school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good points. I definitely think that one of our biggest obstacles to overcome as a district is providing kids with valuable technological instruction, even though they don't have access to computers at home necessarily.
ReplyDeleteYou're absolutely right about the difference between wikis and blogs--wikis are great for collaboration. Not only can kids use them to help one another out, but teachers can collaborate with one another using wikis as well.
Excellent work! Thing 5 complete!